KBR is growing! A variety skills and experience may be required for the following role. Please ensure you check the overview below carefully.
KBR are looking for a Technical Engineer, residing in the North East of England, with experience of IP networking.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of installing, maintaining and fault-finding point-to-point wireless and internal WiFi networks and an aptitude for the entire life cycle of surveying, configuring, installing and supporting wireless networking solutions.
A logical approach to problem solving is required and the successful candidate will need to be a highly motivated team player and able to work well using their own initiative.
Training will be provided on our portfolio of technical solutions, which includes network switches, routers, point-to-point wireless and enterprise grade controller and cloud based WiFi solutions. This is a very varied role including indoor and outdoor wireless installations as well as configuring wireless and networking hardware.
The role will include on-site active surveys with pump-up masts and includes a significant element of installation work using specialised access equipment. You will be required to work at heights and training will be provided on our installation methods including ladder fall restraint systems and man-lift operation.
You will also be required to be part of an out-of-hours on call rota with other Technical Engineers. The role also includes a company car.
- Network level: Good understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 IP networking
- Good customer facing and liaison skills: Communication with customers as required and keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Working in a service desk environment creating and managing tickets all the way through their lifecycle
- Working in partnership with internal and external team members, suppliers and contractors to produce a co-ordinated, effective and efficient service
- Produce and maintain relevant administrative records and documentation
- Comfortable working at height and prepared to use a range of access solutions such as ladder fail restraint systems and man-lifts
- Experience with internal wireless and a system level understanding of WiFi technology
- Experience of centrally controlled and cloud managed WiFi solutions
- Understanding of RF design considerations for planning a WiFi network
- Experience with external point-to-point and point-to-multipoint wireless systems
- Experience of surveying line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight external wireless links
- Comfortable configuring active equipment at both CLI and web browser level
- Experience with configuring, installing and maintaining firewalls and switches
- Experience with network audits, surveys and compiling detailed reports
- Configuring, installing and maintaining backup solutions