The amount of data created by the average small business is growing every day. That’s why KBR offer cloud-based data backup for small businesses.
Data backup solutions are no longer optional, even for the smallest of small businesses. So, if you run/are part of a small business, why exactly should you have a solution in place?
Why Data Backup and Recovery is Essential
No matter the company size or sector, the cost of losing critical data can be significant. In fact, 60% of organisations go out of business within six months of suffering a cyber attack . Therefore, data backup for small businesses can literally be the difference between success and failure.
As well as recovering lost data, data backup and disaster recovery are key for minimising downtime. An hour or two of inactivity might not seem like much but, as the old saying goes, time is money.
In the event of a disaster, such as loss of critical/sensitive data or a severe ransomware attack, having a data backup and recovery solution in place is the surest way to ensure you can get your business back up and running relatively quickly.
But what causes downtime? Here’s a few need-to-know figures:
- 45% of downtime is caused by human error
- 54% of senior UK IT staff have experienced downtime caused by Ransomware
- Hardware failure – this is 140% more likely in a PC’s 4th year than in its 1st
Research shows that downtime costs UK organisations £2billion every year. So, get a Business Continuity Plan together before your business becomes just another statistic.
What is Business Continuity?
‘Business Continuity’ – if you’ve been looking into data backup and the possible solutions, this is probably a term you’ve heard already.
Essentially, this is the ability to continue critical business operations in the face of a disaster, such as data loss or a cyber attack. This is where having a Business Continuity Plan comes in.
So, what do you need for efficient Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR)?
- Cloud storage for remote working
- Verified backups to protect against ransomware
- An automated backup process to ensure access to most recent data
Data Backup for Small Businesses – The Solution
The biggest issue surrounding data backup for small businesses has always been cost. Traditionally, data backup solutions have been thought of as sophisticated software designed for enterprise-level operating systems.
However, there are now affordable solutions available.
This means small businesses can now have cost-effective, easy-to-use data backup and recovery with the same level of security as a multi-national organisation (only on a much smaller scale).
KBR offers cloud backup solutions, with features and benefits including:
- Low costs – monthly costs can be as low as a typical phone contract.
- Scheduled backups – incremental backups for entire systems (not just individual files) without any manual action required.
- Infinite data transfer and storage – you can store as much data as you need to, for as long as you need to.
Want to know more? Get in touch.